TOURS / SERVICES
BEST KREMLIN TOUR
Just 45 € - the best price for the best Kremlin Tour in Moscow
...Also in Petersburg!
Utopian Soviet Buildings
The «Moscow Through the Engineer’s Eyes» presents the brand new "RETRO FUTURO" project — guided tours with the help of the VR technologies provided by the Arvizio company. These tours will be the first ones to offer you the opportunity to look at the city through the VR glasses. The most prominent utopian projects of the XX century will emerge in front of you on the streets and squares. With our best guides you will discover the Russian capital as it would look like if some of the audacious architectural dreams had come true.What you will see through the VR glasses:
- The Palace of the Soviets instead of the Cathedral of the Christ the Saviour. It could have become one of the highest buildings in the world with a 100 m Lenin statue on the top.
- The eighth Stalinist skyscraper instead of the Zaryadye Park. It was supposed to be the tallest of all the Sisters.
- The Narkomtiazhprom (the People’s Commissariat of Heavy Industry) building instead of the GUM. How would the Red Square look like with three skyscrapers or gigantic staircases going all the way up to the 16th floor?
- The Palace of Labour instead of the Moskva Hotel. What was it, kind of a fantastic beast lying on the square or an ultimate Constructivist manifesto?
- The alternative Lenin’s Mausoleum, the “Leningradskaya Pravda” buildings and many others.
What you will learn:
- what were the origins of the Avant-Garde and what impact it had on the modern architecture;
- who designed the first rotating house and how this technology is used today;
- why the eighth Sister was never built;
- how Moscow could have changed according to the most radical urban development plans.
Please bring your passport or ID. You’ll have to leave 2000 roubles as a deposit.
We plan many walks, dress warmer.
Time: 11 AM, Fri
Price: 47 € / 2950 RUB
Students: 39 € / 2450 RUB
Duration: 2 hour
Meeting point: metro Ploshchad Revolutsii / Teatralnaya, at the entrance of the coffee house "Krispy Kreme" at Nikolskaya street, 4/5. From metro Ploshchad Revolutsii / Teatralnaya turn right, then go through the red arch, turn right, opposite the "Postoffice of Russia" you will see a coffee house named "Krispy Kreme". Our guide will wait for you with a big red umbrella.
Pls call 10AM-10PM or e-mail us
Book FREE Tour now
"A very enjoybale day in Moscow. We had a very nice and knowledgeable guide Anastasia.(Nastia) She was very passionate about the City and we learnt so much in our brief four hours walk with her! Certainly this walking tour added a lot of value to our Moscow Holiday. A great idea to educate visitors about Russia and Moscow. The group was intimate enough to ask questions and stop for snacks etc..we thoriughly enjoyed it and would highly reccomend it.Carry on doing a great job!"
"I really enjoyed the tour, it was a great experience, very informative and fun. I will definitely tell everybody about that tour, keep it it is a fantastic idea!"
"Sorry I do not remember the names :( ... They were very talkative and very into everything. I think they both really love the city, and they made me feel like this to. They knew much about History, which was very informative! Great guides!!!"
"We partook of the fantastic Petersburg Free Tour. Due to our timing during the low season (shockingly not everyone is flocking to Moscow while the average temperature is 15F), it ended up being just us and Sonia, the afore-mentioned super-guide. She quickly ascertained the limited scope of our wanderings.."